Estate 1
Estates 2
Estates 2

Did your First Nation family member or friend pass away, and did they live on a reserve?


Has your First Nation family member been diagnosed as incapable of managing their own financial or legal affairs and do they currently live on a reserve?

If you answered yes to either of these questions, Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) and Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC) can assist you in appointing an administrator or executor to manage the financial and legal affairs of their estate.

To raise awareness about the estate services available to First Nations under ISC/CIRNAC, we kindly ask that you share the attached package (FAQs & Toolkit) with your networks and contacts.

FAQs Toolkit

For more information on Estate Services for First Nations, please visit Indigenous Services Canada’s website at:


Connecting with Indigenous Communities

Se connecter avec les communautés autochtones